Friday, October 3, 2008

Thankful Thursday... on Friday

1. I am grateful for the woman my little sister has become. She is one of the best people I know, she has always wanted to make friends and include everybody ever since she could talk. She has such a strong testimony that it blows my mind, she doesn't let temptation get the best of her, she is just too strong. She has the best personality, she always makes me laugh, and everybody else around her. She is so talented, she has a beautiful voice, something that I definitely wasn't blessed with. I can't help but admit that I have always wanted to be just like her! This girl also has no shame, by that I mean she doesn't care what other people think about her, she is just "Loriel," and theres nothing that is going to stop her! I am so thankful to have her in my life and to be able to brag about her, and to look up to her so much! (Not just literally!)<-- that's such an old joke, I know.


2. I am so grateful for the family I married into. I have the best mother/father/sisters/brothers/aunts/uncles/cousins/grandparents-in laws that I could ever ask for! Seriously, people always talk about their in-laws and roll their eyes, not me, I love them! This family Jake came from is so loving and giving and I they have made me feel like I belong since the first time I met ALL of them at the Spanish Fork rodeo only a few years back. It's wierd how it feels like I've known everybody for years. And if I don't say so myself, I think my husband turned out pretty awesome, so I am eternally grateful to them for that. I am grateful that I haven't had to get too homesick, because even though my family is far away, I still have a family here! I know this is very general, I will get to specifics later, but today I'm just so thankful for the whole package!

3. I am grateful for good songs. This sounds silly, but let me explain. You know those songs that come on the radio and make you cry? For me it is actually many, it has always been a running joke with Jake, a song will come on and he'll say, "this song makes you cry huh." And I will already be crying. He knows me too well! However I love songs that do that, sorry I just have a lot of feelings! Lately the one that makes me cry everytime I hear it is Kelly Pickler's "Don't You Know You're Beautiful," at the part when she is talking about the homecoming queen in the back seat and she says, "if you talked to friends who have been where your at, I bet they would say they want their innocence back." I just love it! We need more songs like that that promote good values. "Don't you know you're beautifuuuuuulll just the way you arrrrrrrrrre." How could you not cry! I am just thankful for music that moves me to tears.

3 comments:

The Grover Family said...

You're so dang sweet I can't even believe it! We are all lucky that Jake found YOU and brought you into our family!(even though we are a pretty cool bunch)
-Linds

Nick and Amera said...

Kelci, Im so glad we have something so in common! I always cry to the songs on my ipod. I mean, your proud of it, but when I cry to lame songs like, "imagine" by David ARchuletta, you really start to wonder if your "ok" Anyway, I often read your blog, your such a cute girl. I dont know why we never hang out or see eachother. Some day hu? love ya to peices!!

Anonymous said...

:) guess who got a blog. I have no idea how to do this thing... oh well.


But, I love you so much Kelci, you are amazing, and Im so so so greatful you're ok. I don't know what i would ever do without you. You're my bestfriend. Love you sisterface.

xoxox. me